|Series||Event Date||Gates Open||Registration||Novice Walk||Driver's Meeting|
|Spring 2013||January 27||7:00am||7:45am-8:30am||8:45am||9:00am|
|RallyX||February 16||Registration and Details on My Auto Events.|
|February 23||Special Event w/AZ Solo|
|Spring 2013||February 24||7:00am||7:45am-8:30am||8:45am||9:00am|
|Regional Road Rally||March 9-10||
Global Warming AM Run & PM Run
Apache Trail AM
Apache Trail AM Run & PM Run
Details & Schedule - Registration Form
|Spring 2013||March 24||7:00am||7:45am-8:30am||8:45am||9:00am|
|Spring 2013||April 28||7:00am||7:45am-8:30am||8:45am||9:00am|
|Summer 2013||May 19||6:30am||7:15am-8:15am||8:15am||8:30am|
|RallyX||May 25||Online Registration|
|Regional Road Rally||May 31 - June 2||
May Flowers Regional GTA
Pilgrims Regional GTA
Desert Skies National Tour
Desert Sands National Course
Details & Schedule - Registration Form
|Summer 2013||June 16||6:30am||7:15am-8:15am||8:15am||8:30am|
|RallyX||July 13||Details Coming Soon|
|Summer 2013||July 28||6:30am||7:15am-8:15am||8:15am||8:30am|
|Summer 2013||August 25||6:30am||7:15am-8:15am||8:15am||8:30am|
|Fall 2013||September 22||7:00am||7:45am-8:30am||8:45am||9:00am|
|RallyX||September 28||Details Coming Soon|
|2 Days of Awesome||October 19||7:00am||7:45am-8:30am||8:45am||9:00am|
|2 Days of Awesome
|RallyX||November 9||Details Coming Soon|
|Tire Rack Street
|November 16 (Saturday)||More Information|
|Fall 2013||November 24||7:00am||7:45am-8:30am||8:45am||9:00am|
|Fall 2013||December 15||7:00am||7:45am-8:30am||8:45am||9:00am|
These rules supplement the current SCCA rulebook for events held by the Arizona Border Region SCCA. For complete Solo II rules, please purchase a rulebook, or peruse the rules online at http://www.scca.com
- Waiver of Liability-Everyone entering the property on which the event is held must sign the SCCA Release and Waiver of Liability form and wear the provided wristband in an easily visible location (on their person, not on the vehicle). Anyone refusing to sign the waiver will be asked to leave the event site.
- Driver Registration-All drivers must report to the registration table
during the morning registration time. Each driver (with the exception of junior karts)
must present his or her valid driver's license upon registering and paying for their
event entry. SCCA members must present a valid and current SCCA membership card.
Non-SCCA members must complete a weekend membership form to be allowed to participate.
Additionally, all registered drivers must wear a colored wrist band which will be provided at the registration table once the driver's registration has been completed. This wrist band, which does not replace the waiver wrist band, must be worn in a manner where it can be easily identified by course workers operating grid and start. A driver who does not display a valid driver wrist band will not be allowed to proceed from grid to start and will not be allowed to run the course.
- Tech Inspection-All competitors must pass a Technical Inspection prior to the event. To enter the Tech Inspection area, a vehicle must be "ready to run", meaning all loose items must be out of the passenger compartment and trunk, lug nuts tightened, etc. In addition, the vehicle must have no obvious safety problems, such as a loose battery, brake lines dragging underneath the car, etc. If a tech inspector deems a vehicle not ready for inspection, that vehicle must be removed from the Tech Inspection area until it is ready.
- Helmets-All competitors must either provide a helmet conforming to the current SCCA rules when presenting their vehicle for Technical Inspection, or agree to use one of the AZBR's loaner helmets. Loaner helmets are available at the timing trailer between run groups. If you own a helmet, we will provide an AZBR sticker for helmets that pass inspection to save time at future events.
- Run Order-All efforts will be made to allow all competitors in a class to run their competition runs in the same run group, to provide similar course conditions. However, due to class sizes or specific requests from competitors, classes may be split across multiple run groups.
- Passengers-Competitors may take passengers at their discretion. All passengers are required to wear a helmet conforming to SCCA rules, and must have already taken their competition runs, if any. If the members of a class agree, exceptions may be made to the competition run requirement, for example: to allow a Novice driver to ride as a passenger before or during their competition runs. All passengers must keep their hands, limbs and head completely inside the vehicle at all times.
- Kart Safety-When karts are competing in an event, all other vehicles will be stopped while the karts are on course and in transit to and from the start and finish areas. When possible, karts will all run in the same run group, usually at the front of that group.
- Drivng in the pits-The speed limit in the pit and grid areas is 5mph. Burnouts and any other unsafe driving is not allowed. Anyone driving in an unsafe manner will be asked to leave the event.
- Work/Run format-All events are a work/run format. All competitors must be available to work one run group for each group in which they run. This includes Time Only runs. The Worker Chief will provide work assignments at each event, prior to the start of each group. Any competitor not reporting for work will have their runs disqualified, and no results will be posted. Multiple absences will result in that competitor being banned from future events.
- Scoring and Points-Each cone knocked over or out of place is a 2-second penalty. Each deviation from the course (missing a gate, skipping a slalom cone) is a 20-second penalty. Two deviations will result in the run being scored as a DNF. Results for the event and the current Series will be determined by competitor's PAX time in their respective class. Novice and Street categories are treated as a single class for this purpose, with each competitor's score based on the vehicle's appropriate PAX class. Note: ST, STS, STR, STX, and STU are not eligible for the Street Category, as PAX scores for those classes already take into account the use of street tires (tires with a tread wear rating of 140+).
- Refund Policy-Should you choose to leave an event once paid/registered on site our policy on refunds is to provide credit. Be sure to request a credit record from one of the event organizers before you leave. This applies to competition and time only charges. Once you have made a run during a competition run group or time only run group credit will not be given. Examples of when a credit will be granted are: you have an emergency which requires you to leave prior to starting a competition or time only run group; your car does not pass inspection; or your car has a technical problem and cannot make it to grid for the first run. Credits are valid for one year from the date of the credit. Redemption of credit can be made at future events. It's your responsibility to keep track of your credit.
- Have fun-We're all out to drive fast and have a good time. Relax and have fun. =]
|Non SCCA Member||$35||$40|
Our prices are now $30 on site for SCCA members. The SCCA now requires that all participants be SCCA members, so for an additional $10 fee, you get a temporary membership good for one event. If you like what you see, we recommend getting a full membership for $80 annually. It pays for itself if you attend more than 6 events during the year. We also offer a $5 discount for pre-registration (making it $25 for members).
Additional heat runs after the first are called time only, and cost another $10. Please check the appropriate time only box on the Preregistration, and then look for your two registration forms at the event.
Marana Regional Airport (MRA) is a new site for the Border Region, located about 5 miles off I-10.
Please take extra precautions to ensure the site is kept safe, clean and not damaged in any way. We need to build a positive relationship with the airport so we can continue use of the site. Remind others around you if they appear to have forgotten the rules. There will be a number of garbage cans located near the paddock, grid, and trailer. Please use them. AZBR will provide 12"x12" boards for use with jacks and jack stands. They must be used to prevent damage to the pavement.
- Site entry for participants is listed on the event calendar for each event. If you show up before the listed time please wait outside the black fence as we will be setting up the paddock and other required boundaries.
- Participating cars and tow vehicles shall be parked in the paddock area as indicated on the course/site map. Park on the pavement only. Do not park on the dirt.
- At each event, a mandatory drivers meeting will be held at the time indicated on the event calendar. If more time is needed for setup/course walking we can move this out as required.
- The Beech Starship aircraft located on the site are off limits. Do not visit them.
- All participants and spectators shall remain in the autocross site area. This is defined by the lighter pavement area (uncoated) and can be seen on the overview map as the largest yellow rectangle. The aircraft taxi ways on the west and north edges are off limits. They are coated and appear darker.
- Boards shall be used under jacks and jack stands to prevent damage to the pavement. AZBR will provide the boards and they will be located near the paddock area. Ask if you cannot find them. Please return them when finished so they can be used at future events.
- Fluids leaked onto the pavement will NOT be tolerated. Water (i.e. air conditioner condensation) is acceptable. If your car leaks any oil or other fluids you will not be allowed to run. Either fix the leak before the event or do not participate. You can get a refund if desired up to 24 hours before the event. Contact Jeff Israel at firstname.lastname@example.org. If your car leaks when you show up on the site you will not be allowed to run. The exception to this is a breakage that occurs while participating in the event. If the leak can be repaired quickly off the pavement then continuing to run may be allowed. We do understand that things can go wrong while running your car.
- No filling of fluids-including but not limited to fuel, oil, and coolant-on any asphalt surface. As with the previous item, this is to prevent damage to the pavement. It is absolutely imperative that we do our best to maintain the surface if we are going to continue to enjoy the privilege of using it.
- Cars entered for competition shall remain on the paved area once entered until ready to leave the site. This is to minimize dirt and debris that could be transferred from unpaved areas by sticky tires.
- If your car is really loud, i.e. does not fit within the SCCA rules of 100db, then put a muffler on. If you have to question whether your car loudness is close to the limit, then put the muffler on.
- ONE portable toilet will be provided (rented by AZBR). Please keep it clean.
- The site is an active airport and any FOD (Foreign Object Debri), from a Kleenex to a water bottle, is extremely dangerous to the operating aircraft and to our future use of the site. Contain your own trash and pick up anything you see. There will be a few garbage cans on site. Use those or take trash off site when you leave.
- If an aircraft taxis on the either of the two taxi ways immediately adjacent to the course, the event will be stopped until the aircraft is clear of the area. If you are in the middle of a run you will get a re-run. This is not a likely scenario, but be prepared in case it happens.
Maps and Directions
To get to the Marana Airport take I-10 to exit 242 Avra Valley Rd. The airport is to the west about 5 miles from I-10. The gate used for entering this event is about 0.25 miles past the canal indicated by 100 foot concrete walls on each side of the road. The main airport entrance is another 0.6 miles past this gate.
Meetings are typically the first Tuesday of each month, 7:00pm, at Mama's Pizza, located at 4500 E Speedway Blvd. Everyone is invited and encouraged to attend, join the conversation, and have some free pizza.